Here are a couple of screen shots that show off the various updates when upgrading from 10.0.9.2372 to 10.0.10.672. Both the radio and the web browser get an update. I’ve also done a side by side comparison of the boot up times between the 2 OS’s freshly installed, both on Rogers, both have WiFi turned on. The new OS booted up about 5-6 seconds faster, nothing major but a small step forward. I’ve also noticed that the OS and browser was a little snappier as well. Also the white calendar screen that I got after accepting a meeting invite it still there however, it disappears on its own after about 4 seconds. Fixing the bedside mode is pretty EPIC, check out the blog post here.
*UPDATE* After running the update for a couple of days now, I must say that battery life is definitely better than before. I would typically be almost out of juice from 7am – 6pm. It’s now almost 11:00pm and the battery is still about 23% while on LTE the entire day, WiFi off, brightness about 25%.
Here’s BlackBerry’s list of what was actually in the update :
- 3rd Party App Performance – We’ve improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches in March, like WhatsApp.
- Phone, Calendar, and Contacts – Among the top improvements and features are fixes for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. You’ll also find improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled. We’ve also made general improvements to importing contacts from online sources.
- Camera – We’ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You’ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don’t use a flash – like the Time Shift Camera feature.
- Browser and Media – With more and more of you using the gorgeous screen on the BlackBerry Z10 to consume online videos and media, we’ve made a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.
- Battery Life – The software team has included a number of battery life optimizations with over 60 battery saving improvements since launch to keep you moving. These combined improvements are designed so that you see improvements in battery life and heavy users especially should see a longer average usage per charge cycle.
Source – BBDevBlogs