There has been a lot of buzz around the battery life of the Z10 and how people aren’t too impressed with it, including myself. So you probably kept asking yourself “how can I extend the battery life?”. Here are some great ways to get more out of your BlackBerry 10 SuperPhone.
- Use the power-saving options in your device settings. To adjust the screen brightness or change the screen lock timeout, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Settings > Display.
- Turn down the device volume with the volume keys on the right side of your device. To adjust other volume settings, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Settings > System Volume or Notifications.
- Close any apps or features that you are finished using so that they aren’t continuously running in the background. Some features consume more battery power than others and should be closed or turned off when not in use. For example, the camera, the browser, Voice Control, GPS, and Bluetooth technology.
- If your device is out of a network coverage area, turn off the connection so that your device doesn’t continuously search for a network signal. To turn off or change network connections, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Settings > Network Connections.
- Use the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software. If a software update is available for your device, a notification appears in BlackBerry Hub.
- Save data to a media card instead of your device storage.
- Turn off the camera flash.
- If your LTE coverage isn’t the best or you just don’t need LTE speeds (just checking emails or facebook), put your phone into HSPA+/UMTS(4G) mode, this radio uses less power and I’ve notice about a 15% increase in battery life. Tap Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network > Network Technology >
- Applications running as “Active Frames” are minimized and still drawing power from your battery, click on the “x” and close the application completely if it’s not needed.
- Choosing a darker wallpaper requires less light, so it uses less power.
Tip: Like most electronic devices, your device battery will drain less quickly if you keep it out of the sun and other hot places, keep the contacts clean, and charge it regularly. Avoid leaving your device turned off with a low battery power level for an extended period of time.